The International Sauna Congress aims to promote and develop the use of saunas worldwide. It is a global forum for knowledge transfer and information exchange around the trends, ideas and challenges of the industry. The focus is on positively shaping and influencing the future of the sauna industry.
At the same time, the congress offers those involved in the market the opportunity to experience various sauna offers and to further educate themselves within the framework of workshops. The offer is aimed at managers and professionals from the wide-ranging sauna and wellness sector and at sauna enthusiasts from all over the world.
Objectives of the Congress are
- to establish forum for dialogue between representatives of the global sauna community
- to encourage knowledge transfer and exchange of new insights from the fields of medicine, economics, technology, marketing and trend research
- to facilitate healthy growth for the industry and its individual companies
- to support research projects
- to provide education for employees in the sauna industry Topics & formats The agenda contains several different formats, including lectures, poster presentations, workshops, sauna sessions, talks at the Get-together and the closing party. The congress language is English. An interpretation service will be provided for all lecture sessions. The lectures, workshops and poster presentations are structured in four thematic areas:
Topic area I: Sauna & Health
Sauna & well-being under marketing aspects based on scientific studies
Topic area II: Sauna economically
International business models of public sauna and wellness facilities
Topic area III: Sauna in technical change
Energy efficiency / sustainability, heating and construction options
Topic area III: Quo vadis, sauna
Market presentations, visitor behaviour and customer offerings, future orientation
Deutscher Sauna-Bund e
The program of each Sauna Congress is unique and develops in the course of the planning process, which also takes into account current developments and findings.
Timetable for publication of the program and registration deadlines:
until end of March 2022: Publication of program overview
until end of April 2022: Publication of the detailed conference and framework program
until end of April 2022: Start of ticketing
Date: International Sauna Congress, Stuttgart from 24 to 27 October 2022 as part of interbad as the world’s largest sauna trade fair.
About International Sauna Congress
The 18th International Sauna Congress continues a tradition of events that have dealt with the sauna, its medical effects, the economic and planning framework, technological developments and the cultural aspects of sauna use since the 1950s.
The event is held every four years by the International Sauna Association, based in Helsinki, which commissions a national association to organize each event. After the last congress in 2018 took place in the Swedish-Finnish border region around Happaranda/Tornio, the German Sauna Association will host the event for the 5th time in 2022. It will be held for the first time in Stuttgart and parallel to interbad 2022. Visitors also can take advantage of the trade fair with the world’s largest range of sauna products and services.
For more information
Deutscher Sauna-Bund e.V.
Telephone: +49 521 966 79-13